Have you or a loved one been involved in a car accident?
When you get in your car and start to drive, you don’t expect to be involved in an accident. However, it is a possibility any time you are driving in and around Tallahassee. And unfortunately, physical injury and vehicle damage can occur.
Car accidents are caused by driver error which includes:
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Driving when tired
- Not stopping
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Changing lanes improperly
- Distracting activities (e.g., texting, talking on phone)
If you are involved in an accident and injured, there could be large medical bills, lost pay, rehabilitation expenses – not to mention pain that could become chronic. If the accident is a result of someone else’s negligence or irresponsibility, you may deserve compensation.
No-Fault Insurance State
Florida is a “no-fault” insurance state. This means that drivers injured in a vehicular accident may use their own insurance company to file a claim for compensation for medical bills regardless of who caused the accident. This is done through the Personal Injury Protection (PIP) component of the policy.
If the accident is the fault of the other driver, a liability claim can be filed against that person if there is property damage. If the injuries are long-lasting or permanent, a bodily injury liability claim can be filed against the other driver.
What to do following a car accident
There is no question that being involved in a car accident can be traumatic and stressful. During the immediate days following the accident, some important decisions need to be made promptly. One important consideration is to determine if you need an attorney.
There are a number of reasons why it is critical to speak with an experienced lawyer.
- The insurance company may try to offer you a minimal amount of money within 24 hours of the accident. They do this because their goal is to pay out the least amount of money they can. One thing that needs to be kept in mind is that many injuries do not manifest themselves often until several days have gone by.
- Gathering and presenting all the necessary evidence is a complex process.
- Even if it’s quite evident that the accident was the fault of the other driver, you may still experience difficulty getting compensation that is due.
Collin Cherry – Car Accident Lawyer in Tallahassee
Collin Cherry has the experience and knowledge necessary to ensure that you are awarded the compensation that is due to you. Knowing that each situation is different, Mr. Cherry focuses on your unique needs.
You will be guided through the process that is necessary to make a claim. And if agreement is not obtained, Mr. Cherry will continue to work with you and, if necessary, file a personal injury lawsuit and take your case to court.
Your rights concerning what is due to you are paramount and Collin Cherry works to ensure they are protected. Mr. Cherry offers a free initial consultation and will meet with you in the office, your home or hospital. Call today at 850-224-1100.