Things you need to know if you have been arrested for a DUI:
Are you eligible to request a DHSMV administrative hearing to reinstate your driver’s license?
- Were the field sobriety tests administered correctly?
- Were there any witnesses?
- Is the evidence against you admissible in court?
- Was there an illegal search or seizure?
- Were you read your rights?
- Can you avoid a criminal record?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of your case?
The conviction for a DUI often prohibits employment in certain occupations and denial of occupational licensing. Depending upon the degree of your charge, penalties may include imprisonment, driver’s license suspension, permanent revocation of driver’s license, probation, UA testing, DUI classes, community service, and other penalties associated with misdemeanor or felony convictions.